Prefer to listen? Here you go! And be sure to subscribe and leave a review on Apple here.
In celebration of Autism Awareness Month, I am featuring my friend and colleague, Mary Barbera in today’s interview. Mary is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, Best-Selling Author, and an award-winning online marketer. Turn Autism Around is Mary’s latest book, published in 2021, as well as the name of her podcast.
Mary fell into the autism world when her two-year-old son was diagnosed with autism in 1999. She tells her story as a mother dealing with a new diagnosis, and how denial turned to determination. On a mission to educate herself and get her son the therapy and intervention he deserved, Mary’s business was born. Now she hosts her podcast where she interviews professionals, parents, and individuals with autism, has written two books, provides a helpful online community, offers two online courses, and is soon to launch her first mini-course.
Mary Barbera’s Three Lessons in Business:
- Get started. If you have a desire to get something out, get it out there, it doesn’t have to be perfect.
- Hire help as early as possible. They don’t have to be full-time employees, but contractors can be a useful tool.
- The quicker you can get to recurring income, the more stable you will be and the more you can scale.
Mary’s “Secret Hack”:
Mary and her team use Descriptor, a paid transcribing service that will transcribe any video or audio recording. This can be used for live videos, meetings, courses, etc. Mary says she finds this useful for note-taking in meetings, highlighting important information, and repurposing content for widespread use!
Mary is an inspiration and success and she shares tips of gold today! Autism affects 1 in 42 children, it is very likely that you or someone you know is dealing with a diagnosis or early concerns. If you’d like to learn more about her business, books, and course offering be sure to check her out at MaryBarbera.com.
- How Mary Barbera is turning autism around with her successful online business.
- Mary Barbera’s top 3 lessons in business.
- A secret hack for business owners using recorded video and audio.
- How Jeff Walker’s Launch assisted in Mary Barbera’s success
- Advice from an award-winning online marketer.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Mary Barbera on Facebook
Mary Barbera (@marylynchbarbera) on Instagram
Book – “Launch” – Jeff Walker
Crystal on YouTube
Crystal on Instagram
Crystal on Facebook
Crystal on TikTok